At this year’s Game Developers Conference (GDC), a survey was conducted to discover which of the next generation consoles European developers were more likely to develop for in the near future.
The survey gathered information on over three-hundred developers and asked for their views of the next generation consoles in addition to what countries they believe will move the industry forward in the future. One thing to note, however, was that this survey was conducted before Microsoft announced its DRM change.
Here are the findings:
- 13% said they were working on PS4 games
- 9% said they were working on Xbox One games
- 5% said they were working on Wii U games
- 23% said they were planning to create a PS4 title next
- 14% said they were planning to create a Xbox One title next
- 7% said they were planning to create a Wii U title next
- 66% said they were planning on creating a mobile title next
- 53% said they were planning on creating a PC title next
- In five years, developers believe the best titles will come from Germany (22%), UK (19%), Finaland (12%) and Sweden (11%).
Have these statistics made you reconsider your next-generation pre-order?