Namco Bandai has recently shared its third quarter fiscal results which outline exactly how many units of their latest games have shipped and are categorised between “Worldwide releases” and “Japan-only releases”, makes you remember the old days of us not getting any Japanese games for about five years eh?
Information revealed by the company states that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was their most successful release out of the six games featured in the list by a considerable amount which doesn’t aid the argument of “why are companies just releasing sequels” at all, but it is nice to see the fighting-game genre continuing to generate vast sales anyhow.
The list of sales are as follows:
- Takken Tag Tournament 2 – 1.35 Million units
- SoulCalibur V – 450,000 units
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations – 660,000 units
- *Japan-only* Tales of Xillia 2 – 500,000 units
- *Japan-only* Run for Monkey – 450,000 units
- *Japan-only* Taiko Drum Master 3DS – 410,000 units