Published on February 6th, 2013 | by Thomas Wakelin0
Namco Bandai Release Sales Numbers
Namco Bandai has recently shared its third quarter fiscal results which outline exactly how many units of their latest games have shipped and are categorised between “Worldwide releases” and “Japan-only releases”, makes you remember the old days of us not getting any Japanese games for about five years eh?
Information revealed by the company states that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was their most successful release out of the six games featured in the list by a considerable amount which doesn’t aid the argument of “why are companies just releasing sequels” at all, but it is nice to see the fighting-game genre continuing to generate vast sales anyhow.
The list of sales are as follows:
- Takken Tag Tournament 2 – 1.35 Million units
- SoulCalibur V – 450,000 units
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations – 660,000 units
- *Japan-only* Tales of Xillia 2 – 500,000 units
- *Japan-only* Run for Monkey – 450,000 units
- *Japan-only* Taiko Drum Master 3DS – 410,000 units