Published on June 28th, 2013 | by Ben Tarrant0
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm: Crowd Funding Campaign Now Live!
The clever minds at Nyu Media have recently launched a crowd funding campaign on IndieGogo for their latest project “Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm” an original PC (Windows) game developed in a labor of love by three former SNK/ King of Fighters staff members.
The game is set to feature high quality yet old-school graphics, familiar celebrity fighting game voice actors and eight playable characters (a figure that could increase with a successful funding campaign). Gameplay will be easily accessible for newcomers to the genre and younger gamers whilst offering a more dynamic experience for even the most experienced fighting gamer.
The decision to utilize a crowd funding method, specifically on IndieGogo, came from the teams realization that just the three of them can’t do this alone. Although the team have spent the last 6 years formulating what’s shaping up to be an impressive contender in the fighting game genre, they need your help gathering the resources together to push the project to a point of completion and give them the ability to share it with gamers across the globe.
The Yatagarasu team is looking to raise $68,000 with which they plan to introduce a host of new features including:
- Two new characters (backers are invited to vote on the roster of candidate characters to decide which adds)
- New graphics and story rewrites
- Improved game play, balancing, and online match support
- MC voice-over by TOUGEKI announcer Koori Masao
- Full English localization
- English commentary by famous overseas tournament commentators (to be announced)!
- A NESiCAxLive arcade version in collaboration with Taito! (Presently planned for release in Japan only)
- Worldwide release of the PC (Windows) version with English and Japanese language options
If you do back the project on IndieGogo then you can access the offered reward tiers that include custom controllers, a physical copy of the original soundtrack and even a trip to the Winter Comic Market in Tokyo this December!
Please take the time to have a look at the campaign page here and give what you can to support a great gaming cause, if you need anymore convincing then watch the trailer below of the latest version.
<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/NUykWWxxBS4″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
Similar articles from around the web