Because he is such a selfless guy, our very own Francis wanted to celebrate his 30thbirthday by helping children in need. So, with the help of Extra-Life.org, he and the rest of the 8Bit Proof crew put their minds and thumbs on the line as they attempted to play video games for 24 hours straight in order to raise money for the Boston Children’s Hospital. While this may not initially sound like a challenging endeavor, 24 hours of nonstop gaming is not something to be taken lightly. It’s a true test of dedication, will, and endurance. Lucky for you, as the hours grew long and our tempers grew short, we paused every so often to record a podcast.
This episode features:
- An attempted intervention to help Joe recognize his “loot addiction”.
- A heavily fatigued, midnight game of “MasterDater”.
- The audibly toxic results that occur when excessive booze, caffeine, junk food, and nicotine are inflicted upon the human body.
- A disturbing segment on the topic of NARBs and pet care.
- A delightfully gradual descent into madness, self-loathing, and contempt for all reality.
So were we all successful? Did anyone pass out? Did we become broken men that hated what we once loved, or could we have gone for another 24 hours? Tune in to find out all this and more.
(Please note that this episode of 8Bit Proof originally aired on October 27, 2012, on BlastMagazine.com. Therefore, the majority of the subject matter may be a bit dated, and references to our home website and its staff are no longer accurate. Also, any entries received for contests mentioned during this particular episode are no longer valid (duh). However we do love listener participation, so anything we receive will be kindly mentioned during the taping of the newest edition of the podcast.)
You probably want iTunes to automatically beam the latest episode of 8Bit Proof directly to your podcast listening device, right? Well then, why not subscribe?